Christina Aguilera’s performance had the internet all abuzz last night when she flubbed the lyrics of the national anthem at the Super Bowl. Less than a minute into the song, Christina had a little hiccup…instead of singing “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming” she improvised “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last reaming.” We have to hand it to the songstress, she continued on, belting out the correct lyrics all the way through her 11-second-long note at the end of the song.
The singer released a statement regarding the performance:
“I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through.”
If you missed the performance, take a look below:
RECENT SUPER BOWL XLV POSTS:
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA REMIXES THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER
- EMINEM REPRESENTS FOR DETROIT IN CHRYSLER COMMERCIAL DURING SUPER BOWL XLV
- SPINDERELLA’S CELEBRITY BOWLING PARTY AT SUPER BOWL XLV
- SUPERBOWL XLV GOSPEL CELEBRATION
- SUPERBOWL XVL: EMMANUEL SANDERS INJURED
- SUPERBOWL XLV: RAPPER WIZ KHALIFA NEW BLACK ‘N YELLOW HAIR CUT
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED & BLACK EYED PEAS RED CARPET MOMENTS AT SUPER BOWL XLV
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
Radio One In Partnership With Metro Sorta Presents Stuff The Bus!
Trick or Treat Times for the Cincinnati/Tri-State Area
Foodie Friday's: Braxton Brewing Co.
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
When Will Marijuana Dispensaries Be Open In Ohio?