One of the hottest songs of the summer has turned into one of the biggest memes on social media.
Migos’ “Bad and Boujee” spent five weeks on the Hot 100 when it dropped back in August, but it’s going viral again. Last week, video of the Atlanta trio performing the song to an electric crowd in Lagos, Nigeria racked up millions of views. And now the hit single’s opening lyrics, “Rain drops. Drop tops,” have proven catchy enough to capture the Internet’s imagination.
Here’s what people are saying:
- Rain drop. Drop top. Imma be single when the ball drops.
- I’m going to text all of my contacts “Rain Drops” on New Year’s Eve and whoever doesn’t write back “Drop Tops” is getting cut out of my life.
- I feel like next year’s Valentine’s love letters are going to say “Rain drops, drop top” instead of “Roses are red, violets are blue.”
- Rain drop. Drop top. This trend really needs to STOP STOP!
- Had to play Bad & Boujee for my mom so she can stop asking me why I’m always saying rain drops drop top.
Talk About It:
- “Bad and Boujee” is the gift that keeps on giving. As if the song weren’t good enough.
- Who had more viral success — Migos or Rae Sremmurd?
- What’s next — rain drops and drop tops merch?