Break up to make up.
After falling out over a series of ignored phone calls, Jay Z and Robert De Niro appear to be friends again. In 2012, Robert De Niro reportedly blasted Jay Z for not returning his phone calls at Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday party.
The legendary actor allegedly called his TriBeCa neighbor “rude” and simply wanted a response from him regarding a song for the TriBeCa Film Festival. Both Jay Z and Beyonce tried to smooth things over with Robert, but The Godfather II actor was far too annoyed to accept any apologies.
Fast forward a few years and it appears Jay and Rob are back to being good neighbors. The two men were spotted laughing and drinking at the 2016 amfAR New York Gala at Cipriani’s downtown.
Jay Z was also pictured with Robert’s wife Grace Hightower, Uma Thurman, Harvey Weinstein, and Nascar legend Jeff Gordon.
Check out the star-studded event below.
PHOTO CREDIT: GettyImages
Jay Z & Robert De Niro At The 2016 amfAR New York City Gala
1. Jay Z, Robert De Niro, and His Wife Grace HightowerSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Jay Z & Robert De Niro Share A Few Drinks At The 2016 amfAR Gala.Source:Getty 2 of 7
3. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Jay Z, Robert De Niro, & Harvey WeinsteinSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 5 of 7
6. Jay Z and Grace HightowerSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Jay Z and Robert De NiroSource:Getty 7 of 7
TriBeCa Kings: Jay Z & Robert De Niro Are Friends Again was originally published on globalgrind.com