Some things never change… The ritual continues… This is the First First handwritten Tracklisting of "The College Dropout" by Kanye from around I think 03' "18 Years" would later go on to become "Gold Digger" and "Good,Bad,Ugly" was swapped for "Spaceship" and later used on #DayJob #HistoricalDocument📜#CollectorsItem 💎💎💎 #BuriedTreasure👑👑👑 @companyofgreatness 2016 #AGoodComebackStoryEP
After releasing the handwritten tracklist for SWISH Sunday night, Kanye West fans all over the world have been freaking out. The tracklist includes 10 songs ranging from “No More Parties In LA” to “Wolves” featuring Sia and Vic Mensa — and an added note from Kylie Jenner letting us know she “was here.”
But one fan, and musical peer, is all too familiar with Kanye’s antics.
Queens native and collaborator on many of Kanye’s classic hits, Consequence, posted what many fans — Consequence included — would deem as a “collectors item.”
The rapper posted a very old, and very original, handwritten tracklist of one of Kanye’s early bodies of work: The College Dropout.
The list includes songs that made it to the album, including: “Jesus Walks” and “Two Words.” Consequence even put a few spark notes in the caption for those who may not be extremely familiar with all of the song titles.
He wrote, “This is the first handwritten tracklisting of ‘The College Dropout’ by Kanye from around I think 03′ ’18 Years’ would later go on to become ‘Gold Digger’ and ‘Good, Bad, Ugly’ was swapped for ‘Spaceship’ and later used on #DayJob.”
At least now we know Kanye is a fan of keeping tradition.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram
Flashback Friday: Here's What Was Happening In Pop Culture In 2006
1. Shiloh Jolie Pitt was named the top baby born in 2006. Shiloh was the first biological child of A-list couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.Source:Getty 1 of 17
2. George Clooney was named People's Sexiest Man Alive. Angelina Jolie took the title of Sexiest Woman.Source:Getty 2 of 17
3. "Hannah Montana" debuted on Disney Channel, introducing Miley Cyrus to the world. "30 Rock," "Dexter," and "Ugly Betty" also debuted that year.Source:Getty 3 of 17
4. Mariah Carey's "Don't Forget About Us" topped the Billboard Charts for that year.Source:Getty 4 of 17
5. Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" and Beyonce's "B'Day" became two of the best-selling albums of that year.Source:Getty 5 of 17
6. College student Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook social media site expanded to more U.S. universities, then moved to international student networks, before finally switching to open registration in September 2006: anybody who is at least 13 and has a valid email address can sign up.Source:Getty 6 of 17
7. That summer, former N'Sync-er Lance Bass revealed he's gay.Source:Getty 7 of 17
8. In February 2006, Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a campaign contributor during a weekend quail hunt on a friend's South Texas ranch.Source:Getty 8 of 17
9. After Donald Trump announced that he wouldn't fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner, Rosie O'Donnell called him a "snake-oil salesman" and their feud began.Source:Getty 9 of 17
10. In May 2006, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Anna Nicole Smith could her access her late husband's fortune. In September, she gave birth to baby girl DannieLynn. That same month, her son Daniel died in her hospital room.Source:Getty 10 of 17
11. Sacha Baron Cohen's "Borat" topped the box office, sparking a lot of controversy. Baron Cohen won a Golden Globe for Best Actor: Musical or Comedy.Source:Getty 11 of 17
12. The world was shocked by the death of Steve Irwin, also known as "The Crocodile Hunter."Source:Getty 12 of 17
13. Oprah confronted best-selling author James Frey, who admitted that his book "A Million Little Pieces" was all fabricated.Source:Getty 13 of 17
14. Reese Witherspoon and husband Ryan Phillippe called it quits. So did Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, & Britney Spears and Kevin Federline.Source:Getty 14 of 17
15. Mel Gibson racked up the DUIs and media scrutiny following his drunken, racist tirade.Source:Getty 15 of 17
16. 2006 saw the beginning of the decline of Britney Spears. That year, the star partied with Paris Hilton, went out without underwear, lost custody of her children, and split with K-Fed.Source:Getty 16 of 17
17. Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 billion, becoming the most expensive purchase made by Google during its then eight-year history.Source:Getty 17 of 17
Consequence Posts Kanye West’s Original Handwritten Tracklist For College Dropout was originally published on globalgrind.com