After dropping the first episode of his Forest Hills Drive: Homecoming mini-documentary series, the MC has given us the second episode.
In episode 2, Cole takes us further into his tour from the last year, which includes stops in tons of locations, including his alma mater, St. John’s University.
The episode starts out with the rapper on his tour bus waiting to hit the stage on one of his stops, where he produces a beat in the 40-minute wait time he’s given before the show.
Cole’s HBO special for his Fayetteville homecoming concert premieres on January 9th on HBO.
VIDEO CREDIT: Vimeo
16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About J. Cole
1. We all know J. Cole's real name is Jermaine Lamarr Cole. But did you know he was born in Frankfurt, Germany?Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. J. Cole's mom is German & his dad, who left a young Jermaine behind very early on in his life, is African-American.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The "extent" of his "prepared food" repertoire goes only so far as cereal and PB&Js.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. J. Cole's first rap name was Blaza. His second was Therapist.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. He considered himself the underdog. He's quoted as saying: "I've always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds."Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. J. Cole moved his "Born Sinner" release date up from June 25th to June 18th to, specifically, compete with Kanye West's "Yeezus."Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. J. Cole's favorite New Yorker, dead or alive, is Tupac.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. J. Cole stands tall at 6'3" - he's one inch taller than his mentor, Jay Z.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. He was first-chair violinist back in high school.Source: 9 of 13
10. It was J. Cole's mom who encouraged his production, buying her son a $1,300 ASR-X for Christmas so he could make beats at home.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. J. Cole has worked as a newspaper ad salesman and a bill collector, in addition to dressing as a kangaroo while working at a skating rink.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. He first attempted to work with Jay Z after college. In 2007, Hov dismissed the young rapper and the beat tape he was trying to shop around.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. That same night, J. Cole stood around and waited for Jay Z to arrive at the studio, for 3 hours, in the rain - only to get the cold shoulder from Hov.Source:Getty 13 of 13
J. Cole Releases Episode Of 2 Of His ‘Forest Hills Drive: Homecoming’ Series was originally published on globalgrind.com