God, we love this woman.
Erykah Badu’s been telling us that her new mixtape But You Caint Use My Phone was set to arrive this week, and yesterday while rehearsing for the Soul Train Awards in Las Vegas, Erykah shared a preview of her new single “Phone Down.”
Erykah previewed the song with a two-minute clip on her Periscope account. She also introduced her fans to a few of the “extras” in her forthcoming “Phone Down” music video, which she shot in Vegas.
Unfortunately, Erykah won’t be releasing her new mixtape this week, but hopefully she’ll bless us before Veteran’s Day.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Matching is for losers.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. All yellow everything.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Another interesting hat.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. When she made feathers a fashion statement.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. The bag lady.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. She's never afraid to take hair risks.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.Source:Getty 14 of 14
Listen To A Preview Of Erykah Badu’s New Song “Phone Down” (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com