Guess what beauties, looks like there’s a new reality show for us to get addicted to. “Hollywood Divas” premieres on October 8th and follows actresses Elise Neal (“The D.L. Hughley Show”), Golden Brooks (‘Girlfriends’), Paula Jai Parker (“Booty Call”), Countess Vaughn (“Moesha”) and Lisa Wu (“Real Housewives Of Atlanta” season one) giving us a glimpse into their personal lives as they navigate through LA and the unpredictable ways of the entertainment industry.
MUST READ: Lee Daniels Taps Naomi Campbell For Upcoming Hip-Hop Drama On Fox
These divas will serve the colorful glamour, snappy one-liners, and the primetime drama that is missing from my Wednesday nights. We’re pretty geeked to see how each diva’s story lines unfold (for obvious reasons) but let’s take a look at a few trivial facts that you might not know about the “Hollywood Divas.”
- A Todd Tucker Production:This might be a secret to only a few of you, since all of the blogs have been buzzing about this since last spring. For all thosehaters that thought Kandi’s husband, Todd didn’t have a job (or maybe that was just Mama Joyce)–our new addiction will be all Todd’s fault. Todd has been hard at work on this new show for months, even spending time away from Kandi at the start of their marriage. Maybe this will silence the tension between Mama Joyce and Todd?
- Countess Vaughn, the singer:I remember singing along to “The Parkers” theme song every week. But did you know that Countess not only starred in the hit sitcom but also sang the theme song? Five points to anyone who can name the title of her album that was released in 1992!
- Big personalities, small packages: Any woman in Hollywood will tell you that television puts 10 pounds on you. But with camera angles and stiletto Prada heels, it’s hard to believe that all of these ladies are under 5’7.”
- Elise and Paula together again: Elise Neal and Paula Jai Parker both starred in the critically acclaimed film, “Hustle & Flow” as the wives (or otherwise) of two of the main characters.
- Dancing with the Stars: Elise Neal originally hoped for a career as a dancer and spent one year studying in Philadelphia after high school. After relocating to Manhattan, she made her Broadway debut in the all-black revival of the Gershwin musical “Oh, Kay!”
Are you as intrigued as we are? Don’t forget to join us on October 8th at 10/9c for the premiere on TV One.
Lifetime Drops New Teaser For Aaliyah Biopic [VIDEO]
Black-ish’ Creator Talks New ABC Series
5 Things You Didn’t Know About The ‘Hollywood Divas’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Win Free Tickets to See Post Malone & $250!
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School