Right when you think Jay Z is stepping away from the spotlight, he drops a bomb on us. The music mogul will be releasing a film about his role as curator of a new US music festival at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Oscar-winning director Ron Howard is directing the film.
“The festival showcases 20 pre-eminent artists that speak to the new generation. I am producing the film with Steve Stoute and Jay. Ron is directing. It is going to be born through Jay Z’s perspective…how he puts the event together.” -Ron Howard
Jay Z’s film entitled “Made In America” will premiere during the annual film festival, which takes place from September 8-18. TIFF will feature 146 world premieres.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Sneaker Alert: Air Jordan 5 “Bel-Air” Release Date
- Kendrick Lamar’s Verse On “Control” Helps “Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City” Hit Platinum
- THE FLASHBACK MIX RECAP 8/21/2013
- RETRO JORDAN’S 3 FEAR 8/24/2013
- Where Were Your Boys?: Jay Electronica Is O For 2 In 2013 [OPINION]
- EXCLUSIVE: Chief Keef’s Artist Lil Durk Hit In The Face With Chair At Concert! [VIDEO]
- Sports Agent Scott Boras Sends Shots Jay Z’s Way
Jay Z To Debut New Film At Toronto International Film Festival was originally published on theurbandaily.com