According to the Huffington Post, the Justice Department says it is looking into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin to determine whether federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges now that George Zimmerman has been acquitted in the state case.
The department already opened an investigation into Martin’s death a year ago however they got out of the way of the state so that they could move forward in prosecuting Zimmerman.
In a statement Sunday, the Justice Department said,
“The criminal section of the civil rights division, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Middle District of Florida are continuing to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal probe, in addition to the evidence and testimony from the state trial. Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation.”
There you go. That’s where it is right now. The Urban Daily will continue to keep this story updated as information becomes available.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Celebrities React To The George Zimmerman Not Guilty Verdict
- City Gear Lil Wayne Ticket Stop
- The Show us your WIZ for Wayne Contest
- Ladies: Ice T’s Wife ” Coco” Shows You How To Stay Thick [ Video ]
- Timbaland Gives His Opinion On The George Zimmerman Verdict [ Video ]
- Listeners And Social Media Responds To Zimmerman Verdict!!!
- Awaha! Daughter Dance for Prisoners (video)
Trayvon Martin’s Life In Photos
1. Trayvon Martin Birthday1 of 9
2. Trayvon Martin Birthday2 of 9
3. Trayvon Martin Birthday3 of 9
4. Trayvon Martin Birthday4 of 9
5. Trayvon Martin Birthday5 of 9
6. Trayvon Martin Birthday6 of 9
7. Trayvon Martin Birthday7 of 9
8. Trayvon Martin Birthday8 of 9
9. Trayvon Martin Birthday9 of 9