(RNN) – Two explosions happened near the finish line of the Boston Marathon at about 2:50 p.m. ET Monday.
Spectators for the race, held annually on Patriots Day, were rushed to medical tents for treatment following the blasts. WBZ reported one of them happened near the viewing stands on Boylston Street, and there were multiple injured people.
Reuters stated via Twitter a spokesman for the marathon said the headquarters have been locked down. A CNN producer reported members of the crowd were injured when a pair of explosions happened, and medics are on the scene giving assistance.
Josh Cox, the U.S. 50K record holder, tweeted for people not to go near the finish line after explosions in buildings along with a picture from nearby the scene.
- DMX Says Iyanla Didn’t “Fix” His Life, She Made It Worse
- Fantasia “Supernatural Love” [NEW MUSIC]
- Kobe Bryant Goes On Rant About Injury and Retirement
- Snoop Dogg A New Soap Star On ‘One Life To Live’
- Rapper Rick Ross Finally Apologizes For Rape Lyrics
- Rapper Gets Released From Jail One Day Then ReArrested The Next!
- Is Tyler Perry Retiring Madea?