- Date/time: September 29th, 8:00am to 3:00pm
- Venue: Duke Energy Center
- Address: 525 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH, 45202
Women’s Empowerment Conference
Keynote speaker: Tisha Campbell Martin
Tickets available at The WIZ Studios, One Centennial Plaza, 705 Central Ave., Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45202
$5 in advance, CASH Only, 10am – 4pm: Monday – Friday
$5 at the door the day of the event
The Women’s Empowerment Conference will inform, invigorate, and uplift today’s woman. The day will begin with inspirational songs then an energetic and motivating message from Dr. Tonya Mathews. Forty-five minute workshops will follow throughout the day, covering topics on:
- Health Matters With the Doctors of Christ Hospital
- Mind-body-spirit connection to better heath
- Breast health
- Doctors in the Kitchen with Drs. Keevin and Denise Davis. The doctors will present a cooking demonstration on healthy eating.
- Weight reduction with “Work Out Buddy” Stephanie Scruggs
- Work it out with Zumba
- Dr. Shantel Thomas and “Dream Journal” Author Annie Ruth will conduct separate workshops on topics such as: Loving the Women I Am, Improving my Relationship with Me, and the Importance of a Healthy Spiritual Relationships.
- Own Your Own Allstate
- How to Start a Business – Talk it out with the African American Chamber of Commerce discussion panel.
- Be Your Own Boss by Bad Girl Ventures.
- Be your best with personal coach Angie Brown.
- Becoming an attorney is not really far fetched. Let Attorney Lynn Lape explain.
- Cincinnati Board of Realtors Presents
- Steps in buying a home
- How to get help with credit repair
- How to maintain your home during challenging economic times
- Making Sense of Your Dollar with Al Riddick of Game Time Budgeting, LLC
- Discovering DePaul Christo Rey – a safe affordable college prep education
- Wanna Be A Nurse? Christ Hospital School of Nursing will explain how.
- Home Depot will show you how to do it yourself
- How to Install Tile
- Kitchen Updates
- The Right Power Tools for the Job
- Last Minute Touch-Ups and Repairs
- Pick the Perfect Furniture and Décor with Ed from Furniture Fair.
The conference also presents a vendor fair where you may take advantage of various services and shopping opportunities. Exhibits include but are not limited to: hair care/bath and beauty products, hand bags, jewelry clothing, manicure services, and employment recruiting. Interested in becoming a vendor, click here for a vendor application.
The afternoon wraps up a general session with keynote speaker, Tisha Campbell Martin. Tisha is an American actress and singer, known for her starring roles in television programs such as Rags to Riches, Martin, and My Wife and Kids. Apart from her achievements in television, she also has notable accomplishments in film (including the House Party franchise), theater, and music. She was born in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and raised in Newark, New Jersey.
Tisha and her husband, fellow actor Duane Martin, married on August 17, 1996. Together they have two sons: Xen, born August 8, 2001, Ezekiel, born September 8, 2009. The couple reside in Los Angeles. She is currently writing a cookbook and a novel and conducts motivational talks to groups across the country. She is also best friends with her former Martin and Everybody Hates Chris cast-mate, Tichina Arnold.