Today (Jan 30) Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx announced that she’s dropping sex-abuse charges against R. Kelly.
Despite today’s decision, the singer already has two federal convictions, almost guaranteeing he’ll still spend the next several decades behind bars.
“Mr. Kelly is potentially looking at the possibility of never walking out of prison again for the crimes that he’s committed,” the prosecutor said, referring to his federal convictions. “While today’s cases are no longer being pursued, we believe justice has been served.”
Late last year, a Brooklyn judge ruled that the R&B singer’s prison commissary account will be drained and will be used to pay back his victims.
NY Post stated: “Federal Judge Ann Donnelly ordered the Bureau of Prisons to turn over $27,828 from Kelly’s inmate trust account in a Chicago lockup to be put in an interest-accruing account until she determines how much money should be paid in restitution to his victims.”
The decision came after the judge says that he hadn’t paid almost $150,000 in fines and fees after being convicted last year in his sexual abuse cases.
“The government is entitled to the defendant’s funds because he owes substantial fines,” Donnelly said. “I am also mindful of victims’ rights ‘to full and timely restitution.’”
Prosecutor Drops R. Kelly Sex-Abuse Charges was originally published on theboxhouston.com
OHIO: Three Dead Bodies Found ‘Bound and Gagged’
Three Men Found Guilty For 2018 Murder of XXXtentacion
Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick and More Added to Cincinnati Music Fest Line-up
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Shaquille O’Neal Jokes About Getting A “BBL” While Recovering From Hip Replacement Surgery, Twitter Reacts
Jaw Dropper: SZA Shows Off Her ASSets in Skims Photoshoot
Finesse 3 Times? Rapper Finesse2Tymes Is In A Relationship With 3 Women At Once
Nicki Minaj Goes At Cardi B Fans Over Photoshop Claims