According to NBC4i, leaders of Ohio’s Democratic party spoke at the Ohio Statehouse Sunday at a rally two days after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
In Ohio, the heartbeat bill was put into law in the state Friday. The bill prohibits abortions after the first detectable fetal heartbeat, which can happen as early as six weeks into pregnancy.
“We got an out-of-touch legislature and a really out-of-touch governor who have been spending their entire careers to take away a right,” Whaley said.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Swizz Beatz And Timbaland Are The Latest Black Creatives To Claim Triller Hasn’t Paid Them
- Watch: Kendrick Lamar Says “Invest In Yourself” In Brilliant pgLang & Cash App Collaboration
- Aqib Talib’s Lawyer Denies Ex-NFL Star Started Deadly Youth Football Brawl That Led To Brother’s Murder Charge
- Kansas City Pastor Carlton Funderburke Apologizes For Video Of Him Mocking ‘Broke’ Congregation
- Sadiaa Black Beauty Guide Launches ‘National Black Beauty Week’ Amplifying Black Beauty Brands
- Karlie Redd Addresses Plastic Surgery Rumors After Fans Criticize Her Visible Transformation
- Mississippi Cop Cleared Of All Wrongdoing After Video Showed Brutal Arrest Of Handcuffed Black Driver
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off His Incredible Muscles In A Chanel Sleeveless Sweater
- Butler County: Woman Arrested After 6-Year-Old Drinks Smirnoff Ice in Gas Station Video
- Conservatives Big Mad That White Teachers In Minneapolis Could Get Laid Off Before Teachers Of Color
Ohio Democrats speak at statehouse rally on Supreme Court abortion ruling was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com