According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Ellen Holly, Groundbreaking “One Life To Live” Star, Dies at 92
- Woman Tries To Burn Down Birth Home Of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Snoop Dogg’s New Comedy Film ‘The Underdoggs’ To Premier On Prime Video
- Music Curator Challenge: $250 & Tix to Travis Scott!
- BoomBaby! The Pacers Beat The Bucks To Advance To The NBA Cup Final
- Just Do It: Tiger Woods & Nike Reportedly Looking To Part Ways
- A Three-Part ‘Degrassi’ Docuseries Is In The Works
- The ‘Squid Game’ Universe Expands With Netflix’s ‘Squid Game: The Challenge’ Renewed For Season 2
- Rapper Kodak Black Arrested for Possession of Cocaine
- Two Black Women Share How Ozempic Changed Their Lives For The Better
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Radio One In Partnership With Metro Sorta Presents Stuff The Bus!
Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
Trick or Treat Times for the Cincinnati/Tri-State Area
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
Mississippi Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Foodie Friday's: Braxton Brewing Co.
Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow Out For Remainder Of The Season With Torn Ligament