If someone out there is looking for their 31 bricks that washed up on a beach in Alabama, rest assured, it is in safe hands. Police in Alabama say beachgoers stumbled across the 66 pounds of cocaine, wrapped in bundles, during a Monday night outing along the shore.
The massive find has a street value of $1.2 million, according to authorities.
Surprisingly, drugs washing up on the Gulf Coast isn’t all that rare: Local police said lost cocaine floats into their area about once a year – but they’ve never come across this much at one time.
The find was reportedly handed over to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and will will undergo tests in a laboratory to see if any other drugs are present. So far, no one has come forward to claim the misplaced cocaine, and Gulf Shores public information officer Sgt. Jason Woodruff says it is unlikely they will ever find the source.
“Unfortunately, we do not,” Woodruff said when asked if police have any leads on the drugs’ origins. “Almost too many scenarios to even try to speculate. This may happen once every year, but we rarely get many answers.”
Following the find, area police kept lookout on the beach in case any more drugs happened to wash ashore.
Bob Marley Forever: 10 Rap and R&B Stars Who Sampled The Music Icon
1. OutkastSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Tupac ShakurSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. DrakeSource:Youtube 3 of 10
4. The Fugees
4 of 10
5. Public Enemy
5 of 10
6. The MigosSource:z1079 6 of 10
7. Stevie Wonder
7 of 10
8. Foxy Brown
8 of 10
9. Method Man & RedmanSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. The Notorious B.I.G.Source:Getty 10 of 10
- K. Michelle Moves ‘Sexiness’ Content To OnlyFans Page: ‘I Feel Healthy And Feel Beautiful!’
- Tami Roman Rocks A Natural ‘Fro And Shows Off Progress From Her Natural Hair Journey
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Jumbo Box Braids And We’re Loving It!
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Alicia Keys Shares Sweet Message To Hubby Swizz Beatz For Their 11th Anniversary: ‘Twin Flames’
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’
- Gabrielle Union Shows Off Her Toned Bikini Bod On Instagram In Cheeky Swimsuit Pics
- Jamaican Athlete Elaine Thompson-Herah Breaks Flo-Jo’s Olympic Record In Women’s 100 Meters
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
Police: 66 Pounds Of Cocaine Found On Alabama Beach was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com