The family of Andre Hill and their Attorney Ben Crump held a press conference just hours after the arrest of former Columbus Police Officer Adam Coy. Coy was indicted for the December 22, 2020 murder of Andre Hill.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Hill was unarmed when he was shot and killed by the former Columbus Police Officer. Coy was fired by the department shortly after while the Hill family members demanded more. Attorney Ben Crump said in a press conference with the family that, “The family of Andre Hill is relieved this morning, but they are not satisfied with an indictment of the police officer who killed Andre Hill as he held a cellphone walking out of a garage. They’re relieved that the grand jury, Franklin County citizens returned an indictment for murder for felonious assault,”.
He also stated that the reason the Hill family isn’t satisfied is because charges and an arrest do not mean a conviction and a conviction is what the family wants. “based on what has happened before in America that when a white police officer kills an unarmed black person that does not guarantee a conviction, and they want Officer Adam Coy to be convicted for the unjustified, unnecessary, and the senseless killing of Andre Hill”. said Crump.
Coy has been charged with murder in the commission of a felony, felonious assault, and two counts of dereliction of duty for failing to turn on his body camera and failing to inform fellow officers that he felt Hill presented a danger. He plans to enter a not guilty plea.
See the entire press conference here:
- Florida Teacher Resigns After Accusing School Of Removing Posters Of Black Heroes
- Win Cash and Tickets to See Mary J. Blige and More!
- Black Family Accuses Missouri Water Park Of Racism After Teens’ Party Is Suddenly Canceled
- Megan Thee Stallion Is A Classic Beauty On ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’
- Anika Kai Gives A Breakdown Of Morphe’s Vegan Pro Brush Series
- Day Shift Cast Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco & Karla Souza Talk Family, Style and Vampires
- Feds Freeze R.Kelly’s Commissary Money Due To Outstanding Court Fees And Fines
- Cassie Strikes A Pose In A Blue Maxi Dress We Love
- Armed man who tried to breach FBI Cincinnati office is dead
- Tiffany Haddish On Dating Advice: ‘Put On Something Cute But Not Too Fancy’