Ohio State Football has taken another hit to their season as several players and head coach Ryan Day have been diagnosed with COVID-19 causing them to cancel their game against Illinois.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The news first broke about Ryan Day testing positive the day after Thanksgiving, with news about players’ positive test later in the day. No official word of how many players have tested positive and who exactly they are. The BIG 10 states that if any team’s positivity rate goes above 7.5% a game must be canceled. Players must quarantine for 21 days. Ryan Day will have to have at least 10 days of isolation.
“The health, safety, and well-being of our student-athlete is our main concern, and our decisions on their welfare will continue to be guided by our medical staff.” – Director of Athletics Gene Smith
RELATED STORY: OSU Football Coach Ryan Day Tests Positive For COVID-19
RELATED STORY: Ohio State vs Maryland Game Canceled This Weekend!
This is the second Buckeye game this season to be canceled due to COVID-19. The Buckeyes missed a game earlier in November when Maryland canceled due to several positive COVID tests within their organization. The Buckeyes must play six games to be eligible to play in the Big 10 title championship. Due to the shortened season, Ohio State cannot miss another game in order to stay eligible for the championship. Ohio State’s next game will be against that Michigan State on Saturday, December 5th.
- Mary J. Blige Slays On Instagram In A Pucci Look
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Sza Shows Off Her Long Healthy Natural Hair
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Halle Bailey Talks The Little Mermaid Movie, The Color Purple, New Music & More!
- Lori Harvey Showed Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Stunning Red Dress
Ohio State Cancels Football Game at Illinois was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer