The Centers for Disease Control has released information from a new study that can be startling for minority families. The study reveals that more than three-quarters of the children who have died from COVID-19 between February and July of 2020 were Black, Hispanic, or Native American.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
While the chances of a child contracting COVID-19 are lower than adults, these numbers have to be alarming to minority families. Of the children included in this survey, 75 percent of them had at least one pre-existing health condition like asthma or obesity. This could be an indication of why this is affecting minority children because they are more likely to have these types of health conditions. Along with minority children, African-American’s under the age of 65 are twice as likely to die from COVID-19.
All that being said, COVID-19 is still ramped, and taking the recommended safety measure is even more important than ever. Read more about the CDC study here.
- Mary J. Blige Slays On Instagram In A Pucci Look
- Sabrina Elba Stuns In Dolce And Gabbana
- Yung Miami And Diddy Go On A Designer Shopping Spree During ‘Act Bad’ Instagram Skit
- Blue Ivy Carter Joined Beyoncé Onstage During Renaissance World Tour Stop In Paris
- Serena Williams Tells Olympia She’s Going To Be A Big Sis, And Her Reaction Is Heart-Warming
- Issa Rae Talks The Importance Of Authenticity As A CEO In The May Issue Of ‘Black Enterprise’
- Sza Shows Off Her Long Healthy Natural Hair
- Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
- Halle Bailey Talks The Little Mermaid Movie, The Color Purple, New Music & More!
- Lori Harvey Showed Off Her Chiseled Abs In A Stunning Red Dress
CDC: The Majority of Children That Have Died From COVID19 Are Black, Hispanic, or Native American was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Sister of Bengals Running Back Joe Mixon is a Suspect in Shooting
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Listen The WIZ On Your Amazon Echo
Download The New 101.1 WIZ Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
Cincinnati: A 17 Year Old Hit By A Car Outside Clark Montessori High School
Lil Harold Breaks Down Influence On ‘After The Curse’ Mixtape, Calls Joseline His Favorite Dancer