Since August 14th there have been 56 Ohioans shot, several killed many injured causing Governor Mike DeWine to vow changes throughout the state.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Across the state, gen violence has been on consistently the rise all summer and doesn’t seem to be slowing up. In Cincinnati, August 15th and 16th were extremely violent days with 19 people shot resulting in 4 people deaths. A birthday party for a teenager in Akron turned deadly after an 8-year-old was killed. Several shootings have occurred in Lima, Columbus, and other cities across the state causing Governor DeWine to take action.
In a COVID-19 press conference, DeWine said,
“Chiefs have told me time and time again relatively small number of people in our cities, in our communities, do carry out this violence, week after week,” said DeWine. “We can remove them. And if we had removed them, maybe some of these children would be alive today.”
DeWine also stated that legislation is pending in the general assembly that will bring harsher penalties to those a part of gun violence. The legislation would include warrants for wanted offenders to be entered into law enforcement databases so officers are able to obtain information needed to arrest those who have committed violent crimes and more.
No word when the new tougher laws would be finalized.
- Keke Palmer reveals baby bump on Saturday Night Live
- Lori Harvey Trends After Wearing A Denim Burberry Ensemble
- JT Celebrates Her Birthday With A Sexy Photoshoot
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Makes Its Way To Alabama
- Porsha Williams And Shamea Morton Sing The National Anthem At The Hawks Game
- Cardi B Flaunts Her Alaia Bodysuit On Instagram
- Lori Harvey Shows Off Her Tiffany & Co. Partnership On Instagram
- Porsha Williams Shares Photos From Her Lavish Engagement Shoot
- Houston Police Arrest Man Accused Of Killing Takeoff
- Exclusive: Zoe Saldaña Talks ‘Avatar: The Way Of Water,’ The ‘Beautiful’ Film’s Emotional Impact & More
56 People Shot Many Killed in Ohio in One Week, DeWine Vows Changes was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com