After 18 years, the murder of legendary Run-DMC DJ Jam Master Jay may have finally been solved.
On Monday (August 17), two men were indicted on murder charges for the October 2002 slaying of the world-renowned DJ. Ronald Washington and Karl Jordan Jr. were charged with murder while in engaged in drug trafficking, according to the New York Times and law enforcement officials.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Washington, 56, is currently behind bars in federal prison on robbery charges. The 36-year-old Jordan was arrested on Sunday (August 16).
The legendary DJ was shot and killed inside of a Queens, NY recording studio in 2002. With few witnesses to the crime and no motive to explain his death, the case remained unsolved — until now. The pioneering DJ was a focal point of one of hip-hop’s biggest groups and in 2009, he was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Win Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater & Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
- Oprah Winfrey Hosts TownHall For Black Women Voters
- Orlando Brown Opens Up About Drug Abuse
- Megan Thee Stallion, Rickey Thompson And Bob The Drag Queen Enlisted As New Faces Of “Coach Forever” Campaign
- DaBaby’s “Suge” Now Has Over Billion Streams
- Ari Fletcher Doesn’t Want To Marry Moneybagg Yo
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: 2020 BILLBOARD MUSIC NOMINEES ARE IN!
- Tyler, the Creator Responds to Fans Thinking He’s the Baby In This Viral 2Pac Clip [VIDEO]
- Seriously?! Cardi B And Her Sister Hennessy Are Being Accused Of Defamation In New Lawsuit From Trump Supporters
- Lauryn Hill’s ‘The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill’ Crowned Best Hip-Hop Album Of All-Time By Rolling Stone
Two Men Arrested In Killing Of Run-DMC DJ Jam Master Jay was originally published on theboxhouston.com