After 18 years, the murder of legendary Run-DMC DJ Jam Master Jay may have finally been solved.
On Monday (August 17), two men were indicted on murder charges for the October 2002 slaying of the world-renowned DJ. Ronald Washington and Karl Jordan Jr. were charged with murder while in engaged in drug trafficking, according to the New York Times and law enforcement officials.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Washington, 56, is currently behind bars in federal prison on robbery charges. The 36-year-old Jordan was arrested on Sunday (August 16).
The legendary DJ was shot and killed inside of a Queens, NY recording studio in 2002. With few witnesses to the crime and no motive to explain his death, the case remained unsolved — until now. The pioneering DJ was a focal point of one of hip-hop’s biggest groups and in 2009, he was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Win A Chance to be a WIZ DJ for a Day!
- Win a Skyline Chili Gift Card
- Nominate a Woman to be Honored for Women’s History Month
- Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon
- Eddie Murphy & Arsenio Hall Never Intended On Casting A White Actor In Cult Classic, ‘Coming To America’
- “Snowfall’s” Cast And Crew Weigh In On THAT Gruesome Death Scene From Season Premiere *Spoilers*
- OHIO: School Teacher Fired After Telling Class the Cause of George Floyd’s Death was ‘Disputed’
- Hip Hop Spot: Soulja Boy Sparks Feud with WWE Stars After Calling Pro Wrestling ‘Fake’ [WATCH]
- The Lo Down: Coko of SWV Says She’s Down for a “SWV vs Xscape” Verzuz Battle [WATCH]
- They Got Next: Black Filmmakers To Watch
- Ciara Shares ‘Up’ Challenge And It’s FIRRRRE
- Big Sean Reveals He Contemplated Suicide On Several Times
- The Jackson Water Crisis: Decades Of Disrepair, Disinvestment Frustrate Efforts To Restore Service In Mississippi
Two Men Arrested In Killing Of Run-DMC DJ Jam Master Jay was originally published on theboxhouston.com