COVID-19 diagnoses are on the rise in the area and are affecting essential employees in the Cincinnati area and beyond. This includes Cincinnati Metro drivers who have been hit hard with the infectious disease. In less than one month eight Cincinnati Metro drivers have tested positive for COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to Metro spokesperson Brandy Jones the most recent driver to fall ill reportedly drive routes on July 6 and 7 on Route 17, Seven Hills – Mt. Healthy – Mt. Airy – Northgate between the hours of 6:19 a.m. and 11:42 a.m. The operator also drove Route 33, Western Hills to Glenway, from 3:29 p.m. to 5:47 p.m.
The ill Metro employee is currently in quarantine and employees that came in contact with the driver have been notified. People that have ridden the buses are asked to monitor their health closely and seek medical attention if they believe they are sick.
Cincinnati Metro is going to extra safety measures to follow CDC guidelines that include regularly sanitizing and cleaning the buses, social distancing while riding, and mandatory mask-wearing.
Cincinnati is currently under a mandatory mask or face covering mandate. If you go out in public you are to wear a mask or face covering. For more details on the mandate click here.
Spend With Your People: 11 Black-Owned Businesses To Support During Coronavirus Pandemic
1. MCBRIDE SISTERS WINESSource:MCBRIDE WINES 1 of 11
2. MOOVN RIDESHARE APPSource:MOOVN 2 of 11
3. THE HONEY POT COMPANYSource:THE HONEY POT COMPANY 3 of 11
4. Kaleidoscope Hair ProductsSource:Kaleidoscope Hair Products 4 of 11
5. BLACK AND MOBILESource:BLACK AND MOBILE 5 of 11
6. SOUTHERN GENTSSource:SOUTHERN GENTS 6 of 11
7. UNCLE NEAREST WHISKEYSource:UNCLE NEAREST WHISKEY 7 of 11
8. BROOKLYN CIRCUSSource:BROOKLYN CIRCUS 8 of 11
9. CLOTH AND PAPERSource:CLOTH AND PAPER 9 of 11
10. FLAMEKEEPERS HAT CLUBSource:FLAMEKEEPERS HAT CLUB 10 of 11
11. FREDERICK BENJAMIN GROOMINGSource:FREDERICK BENJAMIN GROOMING 11 of 11
- Marshay Nicole’s Edge Control Gathered And Laid My Edges
- Michelle D. Bernard Talks Kamala Harris Vice Presidential Nomination “It’s A Dawn of a New Day” [Listen]
- Breonna Taylor’s Mom ‘More Confident’ Justice Will Be Served After Meeting With Kentucky AG
- H-U…You Know! Kamala Harris Becomes First Grad Of An HBCU To Run On A Major Party’s Ticket [VIDEO]
- Hip-Hop Spot: ‘Fresh Prince’ Reboot Details + The Game’s Thoughts On Pop Smoke & Tekashi 6ix9ine [VIDEO]
- Kanye Meets With Trump Adviser Jared Kushner As Black Voters Ignore Him
- Resellers Are Hawking Telfar Bags For Ridiculous Prices And Loyal Customers Are Over It
- 7 Black Beauty Products To Shop Now
- DaBaby Says He’s Voting For Kanye In The 2020 Election
- Shaq Reveals Special Kobe Shrine Inside Home
An Eighth Cincinnati Metro Driver Test Positive For COVID-19 was originally published on rnbcincy.com