According to NB4i, Columbus Police received three calls reporting two separate parties Saturday night.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
CPD responded an AirB&B on the 1200 block of Oakwood Avenue because of loud music. The renters told officers that only a few people would be coming over after being reminded about the stay at home order. Officers were called back to the rental home about 30 minutes later to find a crowd of more than 30 people inside and outside the home. While officers were dispersing the group another call came in about another large gathering at another AirB&B on the 500 block of Jackson Street.
Upon arrival, a man told police that there were about 60 people inside the home. Police said that when they knocked on the door the lights inside the home were shut off and the blinds were closed. Soon after announcing themselves, a loaded handgun was thrown from a second-floor window landing in the yard. Police looked through a small window on the front door and saw several people with guns leaving the home out the back doors. Neighbors reported seeing several guns being loaded into a SUV in the back of the home.
Police were able to detain several people that were attempting to flee. One man was charged with a concealed weapon violation. Three guns were recovered, two of them were stolen.
- Win A Chance to be a WIZ DJ for a Day!
- Win a Skyline Chili Gift Card
- Nominate a Woman to be Honored for Women’s History Month
- 5 Celebrity Beauty/Skin Care Products You Should Know About
- Cincinnati: SWAT Standoff In Avondale Ends Peacefully
- The Fashion Issue | The Importance Of Black Fashion Pioneers Ann Lowe And Zelda Valdes
- The Fashion Issue | Misa Hylton: From Bad Boy Stylist To Global Creative Partner For MCM
- The Fashion Issue | Joyce Bryant Isn’t A Throwback, This Diva Is Black History AF
- The Anatomy Of An Icon: Lil’ Kim’s Enduring Influence On Fashion & Hip-Hop
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — February 24, 2021: Security Leaders Under Fire — Tiger Woods Injured — Relief Funds for Minority-Owned Businesses
- Wiz Khalifa ft. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie “Millions,” Juice WRLD “Conversations,” & More | Daily Visuals 2.23.21
- An Unexpected Pair: Barack Obama & Bruce Springsteen Launch New Podcast Together
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Vanessa Bryant Responds To Meek Mill
Columbus Police Department Shut Down Two Parties Despite Stay at Home Order was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com