Another one bites the dust.
Sen. Cory Booker decided Monday to end his bid for the White House, making the announcement in the form of an email sent to supporters.
“Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone,” he said. “I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to NBC News, Booker shared his plans with his staff during a conference call at his campaign headquarters in Newark, NJ before making his announcement public.
With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
Source: NBC News
- 101.1 The Wiz Presents: #WizFreestyleFriday with DJ J.Dough Feat. @dashgwoppo Ep.56
- Pornhub Being Sued For Denying The Deaf Community Access To Their Videos
- Even With Money & Fame, Tiffany Haddish Still Uses Nivea Creme To Grease Her Knees & Elbows
- EXPLOSIVE: The Mid Season Trailer for ‘RHOA’ Dropped!!
- We Are More Than Our Hair: Five Things Black Women Need To Know About Alopecia
- Cathy Hughes Stuns On The Cover Of Monarch Magazine
- Eminem Drops Surprise Album & Faces Backlash For Song Lyrics
- Drake Reveals Thank You Letter From Obamas
- Midwest Rapper Charged After Song Lyrics Tie Him To Triple Murder
- Cincinnati: Cold Weather Coming To The Tri-State This Weekend
Another One: Sen. Cory Booker Drops Out Of 2020 Presidential Race was originally published on 92q.com