Looks like R. Kellys worst year ever just got taken up a notch!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Cook County prosecutors in Chicago just filled new charges against Robert Kelly adding an additional 11 felony counts to the already filed charges! These new charges could carry a potential prison time of 30 years!
In January of 2010 the alleged offense happened but not many details are being shared about it at this time. What is being shared is the fact that the new case comes with four counts of aggravated criminal assault, two counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse, two counts of criminal sexual assault by force and if all that isn’t enough there is also three counts of aggravated criminal sex abuse with the victim is between the ages of 13-16 years old.
According to the Chicago-Sun Times, “The four aggravated criminal sexual assault counts are all designated as Class X felonies that carry a potential sentence of up to 30 years in prison for Kelly if he is convicted. The four cases filed in February were charged as lower-level felonies that had maximum sentences of up to seven years.”
Kelly has been experiencing plenty of legal troubles this year after Lifetime aired the documentary “Surviving R. Kelly” causing a number of women to come forward saying that they were victims of sexual abuse from the singer. Kelly is currently out on $1 million dollar bond after being indicted in February with other sex crimes.
R. Kelly Indicted On 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse, Black Twitter Rejoices
1 of 11
R. Kelly's arrest is the culmination of DECADES of work by Black women activists, and the brave victims, who have been demanding justice.— Britni Danielle (@BritniDWrites) February 22, 2019
Sending love and light to Kelly's victims. No matter what happens, we stand with you.
3.3 of 11
4 of 11
Before today’s news I thought about this sentence a lot:— Zerlina Maxwell (@ZerlinaMaxwell) February 22, 2019
“Even seventeen years of reporting hasn’t been enough to turn as bright a spotlight on [R.]Kelly as the one exposing many others, because no one, it seems, matters less in our society than young black women.” Jim DeRogatis
5 of 11
I told R Kelly dumb ass he should’ve just left the country— lil duval (@lilduval) February 22, 2019
6.6 of 11
7 of 11
I just have one question for R.Kelly right now... pic.twitter.com/vFjTnuNzTS— KP_ (@KP_Folarin) February 22, 2019
8.8 of 11
9 of 11
r kelly, 6ix9ine and jussie smollett together in jail pic.twitter.com/LiSbaRcLex— roman (@rassaraba) February 22, 2019
10 of 11
R KELLY IS GOING TO JAIL https://t.co/0KO0PJoGE8— Miss Moreno’s Cabaret (@missusmoreno) February 22, 2019
11.11 of 11
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Missy Elliott Responds To Fans Asking For Verzuz
- Storm Reid’s 16 Foot Braid Stole The Show At The Suicide Squad Premiere
- Aaliyah’s Catalog, Blackground Records To Finally Hit Streaming Services Beginning August 20
- Daughter Of Dr. Dre Says She’s Homeless, Claims Dad Refuses To Help
- Melyssa Ford Said Jadakiss Was ‘So Respectful’ While Filming The ‘Knock Yourself Out’ Video
- H.E.R. Proclaims “Lights On Festival” Will Be The New R&B Coachella
- Yung Miami Gets Cheeky In A Sheer K Cavallrii Dress
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — August 5, 2021: Democrats Face Crucial August Deadline — National Eviction Ban Extended — Coronavirus Update
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s: Episode 27 “What Women Want”
- Millyz ft. G Herbo “Emotions,” Nef The Pharoah “Man Of My Word” & More | Daily Visuals 8.4.21
R. Kelly Hit With More Serious Sex Crime Charges That Can Put Him Away for 30 Years! was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com