The pastor from Toledo faces life in prison.
A former pastor has been convicted of sex trafficking. Anthony Haynes was found guilty for grooming a 14-year-old to have sex with two other pastors and with himself.
Wednesday Haynes, 40, heard the words, “guilty” from a jury of his peers. Shortly he claimed his innocence telling the court “I’m not a pervert.” Now Haynes will sit in prison and await his sentencing.
The two pastors, Kenneth Butler and Cordell Jenkins, who had sex with the 14-year-old have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing.
Prosecutors had evidence of texts, calls, voicemails, and photos from Haynes of the sexual activity involving the minor. The minor, who is now 19-years-old, says Haynes paid her for sex. In return, Haynes would play a father figure in her life and asked the church to watch over the child.
Haynes wife and stepdaughter have also been charged for abducting the minor at gunpoint and warn her to not testify back in January. Court documents the mother and daughter forced the minor out of her apartment, choked her with a cord and told her to take back statement she made to investigators.
Prosecutors say the victim is finally relieved to get this off her chest and find justice.
13 Celebrity Men Who’ve Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the “Cosby Show” actor raped her in 1982.Source: 1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.Source: 2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin’s co-star Tisha Campbell left the show “Martin” in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.Source: 3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.Source: 4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl’s claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.Source: 5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown’s fault she suffered from Graves’ disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.Source: 6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her – and remember, he was married at the time – he denies it was rape.Source: 7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he’s also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.Source: 8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.Source: 9 of 9
Ohio Pastor Denies Being A ‘Pervert’ Convicted On Sex Crimes was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com