Longtime Young & Restless star Kristoff St. John was found dead at his San Fernando Valley home yesterday (February 3), TMZ reports. According to law enforcement, one of Kristoff’s friends went to check on him when they found him lifeless. He was pronounced dead at the scene. While no foul play is suspected, a source says that alcohol could be involved.
RELATED STORY: Young and Restless Star Allegedly Threatens to Kill Himself
According to NewsOne.com, the Emmy and NAACP Image Award winner had reportedly been struggling with mental health issues since his son, Julian, committed suicide in 2014. His son was only 25 years old. TMZ claims, “In 2017, around the anniversary of Julian’s suicide, Kristoff threatened to kill himself with a gun. Cops placed him under a 72-hour hold for psychiatric evaluation.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
His wife, Mia St. John, told Entertainment Tonight at the time, “I want the world to know the truth about what is happening with Kristoff, because currently there is inaccurate, and fabricated information being reported by certain online outlets. No parent should ever have to bury their child, and for those who do, it is a nightmare that haunts you forever. The death of our beloved son Julian, has taken a toll on both of us. He is an actor and while he may appear whole on the outside, his heart is broken. As a society we need to start taking mental health seriously and realize that no one is immune.”
She continued, “Last week, an incident occurred, that pushed him to the breaking point, but was not accurately reported. I hope that at this moment we can all wrap our arms around Kristoff and help him in this time of need. Help him heal and move forward. This is not a ‘gossip’ story, or an interesting headline, this is a man trying to deal with a tragedy, that has torn apart his soul. Right now what he needs is your thoughts and prayers.”
St. John stared as Niel Winters on the Young and Restless for many years. He began acting at the age of 7 years old.
- Black History Month: Spotlighting A Decade of Struggle
- BOX-OFFICE REPORT
- Future History Maker Representing Change: Sedrick Denson
- Loving Her Legacy: Jesmyn Ward
- Did Jussie Smollett Stage His Own Attack?
- Dave Chappelle Personally Delivers Show Tickets To Couple Hit With Scam
- 50 Cent Tells Teairra Mari To Pay Up $30K, Gets Called Rat In Response
- Tamar Braxton Wins ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Is The U.S. Version’s First Black Winner
- Lil Uzi Vert & Playboi Carti “Left Right,” Casanova “Like Me” & More | Daily Visuals 2.15.19
- Colin Kaepernick And Eric Reid Reportedly Win Big In NFL Settlement