Immigration And Custom Enforcement Agents arrested 21 Savage on Sunday morning, claiming that the “a lot” rapper is from the United Kingdom and overstayed his work visa.
He’s facing potential deportation.
The 26-year-old rapper born Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph was taken into custody in a “targeted operation,” ICE spokesman Brian Cox said.
Savage has claimed to be born and raised in Atlanta and has long considered himself an ATL resident. Cox said that 21 is an “unlawfully present United Kingdom national” who legally entered the United States in 2005 when he was 12 or 13 years old on a visa. His visa expired a year later, Cox said.
He’s been placed in “removal proceedings before the federal immigration” courts, Cox added.
- Jordyn Woods Responds To A Woman Who Criticized Her New Clothing Line
- Lori Harvey Stepped Out For Dinner In Maison Margiela
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Black Woman Awarded $1M After Oregon Store Clerk Allegedly Tells Her, ‘I Don’t Serve Blacks’
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Dollar General Shuts Down All Stores Across Ohio
21 Savage Arrested By ICE Agents In Atlanta, Says He’s A UK Citizen was originally published on theboxhouston.com