A Cincinnati Police Officer is suspended after using a racial slur while attempting to arrest a black woman on Wednesday.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Officer Dennis Barnette can be heard on the body camera worn by a fellow officer. According to Fox19Now.com Police Chief Eliot Isaac stated, “Subsequent to the incident, Officer Barnette is clearly heard on a nearby officer’s body-worn camera using a racial slur … ( the “N” word),” In addition to using the racial slur, the mother of the alleged target claims that the officer got physical with her daughter.
An internal investigation is underway and Barnette is suspended and restricted to desk duty.
The Cincinnati NAACP released the following statement about the incident, “The Cincinnati Branch of the NAACP strongly condemns the racist comment from Cincinnati Police Officer Dennis Barnette … while in the performance of his duties he used the N-word directed towards an African American female while responding to a call. The use of a racial slur has no place in society, nor working for a police department that claims to be a beacon of bias free policing and accountability. The word used is hateful, and coming from someone with the authority to use deadly force, is dangerous to those whom he is sworn to serve and protect. Officer Barnette’s actions disgraced not only him but the department and city that employ him. The tone is set at the top and we expect those in authority to act accordingly and terminate this officer from his position and that he not be allowed to serve as a police officer.”
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Nati’s “30 Under 30”
- ‘The View’ Attempted to Talk About Critical Race Theory But Let Conservative Misinformation Dominate The Conversation
- Michael B. Jordan Gave A Sweet Speech At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party: ‘There’s No Place I’d Rather Be’
- Melanin Overload: Justine Skye, Normani, Ryan Destiny, And Marsai Martin Shine At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party
- DOJ Launches New Program To Combat Redlining And Lending Discrimination
- Steve Harvey Credits Wife, Marjorie, For Helping Him Ditch The Long Suits And Upgrading His Style
- Viola Davis Jokes About Fans Poking Fun At The Way She Walked In Heels As Annalise Keating: ‘I Know Y’all Talk About Me Walking In My Heels’
- Lori Harvey Slays In House of CB
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Her Spooky Nail Set Just In Time For Halloween
- Mitch McConnell Praised Clarence Thomas’ Anti-Abortion Stance Hours Before SCOTUS Upheld Texas Ban Again
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Wale Drops ‘Folarin II’