Former first lady Barbara Bush died Tuesday at her home in Houston, Texas. She was 92.
“A former first lady of the United States of America and relentless proponent of family literacy, Barbara Pierce Bush passed away Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at the age of 92,” reads a statement from the office of former President George H.W. Bush.
Bush passed away shortly after deciding to forgo further medical treatments for her failing health.
Having been hospitalized numerous times while battling congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, she decided Sunday that she wanted to be “surrounded by a family she adores,” according to an earlier statement released by Mr. Bush’s office.
“It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others,” the statement continued. “She is surrounded by a family she adores and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving.”
- #WatchYourself: The Internet Celebrates ‘Us’ With Chilling Dance Videos & Fan Art
- True Story: Naked Man Tries To Board Flight, Argues Birthday Suit Is More “Aerodynamic”
- Motivation: Get Rid of Belly Fat with Simple Exercises and Healthy Diet
- Ohio man threatens to kill his girlfriend and SHUTS DOWN COLLEGE CAMPUS!!
- Big Sean Shares His Personal Growth Journey & His Battle With Mental Illness
- LET’S MAKEUP: Learn How To Get Janelle Monae’s 2019 Kids’ Choice Awards Look For Under $75.00
- Voices: K-Ci From Jodeci Looks Back On The Making Of Classics “Forever My Lady” & “The Show, The After Party, The Hotel”
- Kodak Black Deactivates His IG Account
- Dr. Dre Throws Shade at College Admissions Scandal Parents
- Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At Ella Mai Concert! [VIDEO]
More at ABCNews
Former First Lady Barbara Bush Passes Away at Age 92 was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com