Cole Parker, CEO of Divas In Defense, came through to talk to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” Not only is it Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month, but human trafficking is also at an all-time high. Women are the main targets in both situations, so Cole breaks down how women can move smarter and be more aware as to reduce the risk of becoming targets.
Cole also breaks down ways to survive if you are ever targeted. He also explains why, if someone were to ever hold a gun to you and demand that you “get in the car,” that is not an option. Instead, you’ve got to fight tooth and nail to protect yourself. He talks about move called the “oh no you didn’t,” and more. Check out this exclusive interview for more helpful tips on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Waka Tells TMZ Rappers Should Perform At The Super Bowl
- Heartbreaking: Family Waits For Answers In Black Navy Officer’s Suspected Murder
- Sony Re-Releasing The Original PlayStation For The Holidays
- Damn Plies: Arrested At Tampa Airport After Gun Found In Carry-On
- Judge On Antwon Rose Case Removed After Not Defending The Officer Who Shot The 17-Year-Old
- High Quality: Restaurant Gets Lobsters High AF Before Killing Them & Folks Are Tripping Over It
- Black Texas Police Officer On Trial For Shooting A Man With His Hands Up In The Back
- OHIO: Military Dad Surprises Quarterback Son After His Best Game
- Queen Latifah talks Nicki Minaj and Cardi B beef!
- Twitter Reacts To Maroon 5 Performing The Super Bowl Halftime Show In Atlanta + Why It’s Not All Bad
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
1. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.1 of 8
2. Singer Mary J. Blige was abused at age 5.2 of 8
3. Poet Maya Angelou was abused by her mother's boyfriend. (AP)3 of 8
4. Tyler Perry was abused by four different adults during his childhood. (Retna)4 of 8
5. Actress Monique was abused by a family member. (AP)5 of 8
6. Queen Latifah was abused by a family member. (Retna)6 of 8
7. Sugar Ray Leonard was abused by a coach when he was an amateur boxer. (AP)7 of 8
8. Vanessa Williams was abused by the daughter of a family friend. (Retna)8 of 8
Tips For Women On Reducing Risk Of Assault Or Abduction [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com