Mathew Knowles has a new book called “Racism: From The Eyes Of A Child.” He talked a lot about colorism in the music industry, specifically how it affects black women in the music industry. It’s well known that lighter-skinned artists have historically had an easier time getting their foot through the door in many different industries, but especially entertainment.
Well, Mathew Knowles has gone so far as to point out how being light-skinned has affected his own daughter Beyonce‘s success. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- MEEK MILL RELEASED FROM PRISON
- T’Challa Is Tiiiide: All The Times Chadwick Boseman Looked Totally Over It
- Trashy Chic: Woman Miraculously Makes Prom Dress Using Trash Bags
- Who Raised You? This Is Probably The Most Racist Prom Proposal You’ve Ever Seen
- Wild Thoughts: Somebody Needs To Check On Bow Wow — Again
- 75 North Is Back Open!
- Real Talk: Ellen DeGeneres Gets Emotional About Police Brutality
- J. Cole breaks Apple Music’s first-day streaming record in the US
- Right-Wing Yeezy: Kanye West Loves Donald Trump & Gets Embraced By Alex Jones
- Chanté Moore Feat. Lewis Sky “One Love” [NEW MUSIC]