Mathew Knowles has a new book called “Racism: From The Eyes Of A Child.” He talked a lot about colorism in the music industry, specifically how it affects black women in the music industry. It’s well known that lighter-skinned artists have historically had an easier time getting their foot through the door in many different industries, but especially entertainment.
Well, Mathew Knowles has gone so far as to point out how being light-skinned has affected his own daughter Beyonce‘s success. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- After Light Sentence Is Upheld, Jason Van Dyke Can Still Get Even Less Prison Time
- #SATQuestionsForRichKids Slams Wealthy Students & Their *Allegedly* Conniving, Scheming Parents
- Twitter Reacts To Wendy Williams Coming Clean About Her Addiction And Living In A Sober House
- Cincinnati architectural program hosts summer camp for local youth
- Cincinnati: Suburb In Cincinnati Lands On The 100 Richest Places In U.S.
- HELLO WORLD: The Reinvention Of São Paulo
- Hmm: Kevin McCall Says He Was At Eva Marcille & Mike Sterling’s Wedding
- Wendy Williams Reveals She’s Been Living In A Sober House Due To ‘Struggle With Cocaine In The Past’ [VIDEO]
- Watch The Full Trailer For ‘Toy Story 4’ [TRAILER]
- Gucci Mane’s Baby Momma Wants Him Arrested For Unpaid Fees
Madame Tussaud’s Tried To Pass Off A White Woman As Beyonce [PHOTOS]
1. Beyonce Wax Figure At Madame TussaudSource: 1 of 8
2. No, Seriously, Who Is This?Source: 2 of 8
3. Have They Ever Seen Beyonce?Source: 3 of 8
4. If You Squint Hard, You Can MAYBE See BeySource: 4 of 8
5. That’s Supposed To Be Bey, But It Looks Like BritneySource: 5 of 8
6. NoSource: 6 of 8
7. These Are Just The Worst EverSource: 7 of 8
8. Beyonce Figure That Looks Nothing Like BeyonceSource: 8 of 8
Does Beyonce Owe Her Success To Being Light-Skinned? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com