The star, who died on April 21 at age 57, was remembered on social media, radio stations and around the world with more than a few wishing he was still here to share in the accolades. The hashtag #PrinceDay was being used on social media.
In Cleveland, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is planning a dance party Tuesday night to celebrate Prince’s life and music. The party is free and starts at 6 p.m.
Prince was inducted into the Rock Hall in 2004.
The PRINCE of Style: Remembering Prince Roger Nelsons’ Most Fashionable Moments
1. Prince’s haute hairSource:Instagram 1 of 12
2. Polka dots and PrinceSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Prince at the 2010 BET Music Awards3 of 12
4. Roses from Prince?Source:Instagram 4 of 12
5. Prince and Beyonce in 2004Source:Instagram 5 of 12
6. Prince in 20076 of 12
7. Pattern party with Prince!Source:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Accessories on fleek!Source:Instagram 8 of 12
9. Stylish in sequins!Source:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Prince at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards10 of 12
11. PrinceSource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Prince wears graphic printsSource:Instagram 12 of 12
Prince: Remembering the pop icon on his birthday