Most of the world has already moved on from the Miss Universe blunder in which host Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner of the international beauty pageant on live TV.
Initially Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez, who was understandably upset, seemed to be a good sport about the incident. In an Instagram post following the pageant she wrote, “I was able to bring happiness to my country after becoming Miss Universe for only a couple of minutes…Today because of that COLOMBIA and the LATIN COMMUNITY are being talked about in every corner of the world.”
She also added, “I also want to congratulate the Philippines for their new Miss Universe. The happiness that you must be feeling must be incredible.”
Weeks later, Ariadna is publicly expressing her outrage.
In an interview with TMZ she said, “It was very humiliating for me, but also for the whole country and for all the people not only from Colombia but the other Latinos that were in the auditorium.”
When asked if she thought Harvey’s mishap was done intentionally for ratings she added, “If that was the goal, they succeeded.”
Yikes, here’s hoping Miss Colombia can leave the meme-able mishap in 2015.
The Best Black Twitter Moments Of 2015
1. The Michael Jordan crying meme was probably the most used on all of Black Twitter.Source:Instagram 1 of 14
2. #AskRachel was definitely one of the worst, but most hilarious, trending topics.Source:Instagram 2 of 14
3. Drake vs. Meek was so epic, that Drizzy used the memes in his OVO Fest performance.Source:Instagram 3 of 14
4. Caitlyn Jenner shocked the whole world when she made her debut.Source:Instagram 4 of 14
5. ...and then the Meek and Nicki "conversations" emerged.Source:Instagram 5 of 14
6. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge was a thing that should never have been a thing.Source:Instagram 6 of 14
7. Riley Curry became the greatest of all time through the power of Black Twitter, and her cuteness.Source:Instagram 7 of 14
8. Patti's pies became a huge sensation for Thanksgiving this year.Source:Instagram 8 of 14
9. Oh, sad Michael. How you know everything we feel?Source:Instagram 9 of 14
10. C'mon guys, LeBron just wants to experiment with his fashion choices.Source:Instagram 10 of 14
11. Future became everyone's Lord and Savior.Source:Instagram 11 of 14
12. Steve Harvey may never live the Miss Universe incident down.Source:Instagram 12 of 14
13. 'Empire' caught the fade of tons of memes this year.Source:Instagram 13 of 14
14. We're still waiting on A$AP Ferg's #fourthcoming album.Source:Instagram 14 of 14