1. Define what you each consider “personal space” Very Precisely. Do you plan on spending every available moment grafted to each other? Or do you like being able to retreat off to your corner of your apartment, talking to no one for hours at a time?…
2. Sitting on the couch while one of you thumbs through your iPad does not count as “together time.” Watching TV together might have counted as quality time when one of you had to actively go to the other person’s place to do it, but now that’s just passing the time while your laundry dries….
3. Respect their schedule. Things can get terrible fast if your partner is waking you up early in the morning….
4. How are you even going to eat? Is one of you harboring a secret expectation that, because you’re an amateur chef, you’re going to cook every night?….
5. Prepare yourself to throw things away. You will not get to keep every piece of furniture and old college poster you have…
6. Your partner is not your roommate. With a roommate, you can get away with being sloppy or…
7. Don’t forget to have sex. This might sound insane, especially if you have a high sex drive, but it’s easy to fall into a routine where you come home exhausted, throw on some sweatpants, and pass out at your place. Never stop banging.
Number 7 is especially important! ;-)
Follow Ya Girl!
Thinking About Moving in with Your Boo? Here Are Some Things You Need to Know!! was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com