First, the unavoidable basics:
- Get more rest
- Eat right
- Drink plenty of water
Pretty Skin 101
In addition to the above, always try to follow the basics of any great skin care regimen every day. Talk to an esthetician or a dermatologist about the most ideal products you should be using, based on your skin care needs:
- Wash, tone and moisturize your face morning and night
- Use SPF every day
- Wipe away all makeup at night before you wash your face
- Consider using a night-specific moisturizer
- Use a loofah in the shower to help slough off dead skin cells and stimulate circulation
- When you climb out of the shower, try using nutrient-rich oils on your body instead of lotions (such as cocoa butter oil, shea butter oil or sweet almond oil)
Also, be sure to exfoliate your face and body twice a week and use a skin-type-appropriate face mask once a week.
And remember: less is best when it comes to makeup, especially foundation.