March is National Kidney Month, Today is World Kidney Day and the National Kidney Foundation is urging Americans to learn the key risk factors for kidney disease.
- Diabetes- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure in the United States.
- High Blood Pressure- High Blood Pressure is the second leading cause of kidney disease.
- Family History of Kidney Failure- If your family has a history of kidney disease failure yourself.
- Age over 60- Being over the age of 60 is one of the main risk factors for developing kidney disease and kidney failure.
- Kidney Stones- Studies have shown that a history of kidney stones is associated with the development of kidney disease.
Free Kidney Check- Up now through 2pm through its “Keep Healthy” program today at the Westin Atrium, 21E 5th st, Cincinnati Ohio. Anyone with diabetes, high blood pressure or a family history of kidney failure is encouraged to attend. For more information call 513-961-8105.
Jade West “Always On a Musical Quest”
On-Air Personality/Producer/Public Affairs
Producer of the Russ Parr Morning Show M-F 6-10am
On-Air Sunday’s 10-2pm
Follow me on Twitter @jadewest101
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews