Welp that reversal of opinion took all of about 2 seconds! As we previously reported, George Zimmerman…the guy notorious for killing teenager Trayvon Martin has been asked to box in a celebrity boxing match and rapper The Game stepped up almost immediately to fight him.
Well, as The Game was accepting the challenge and throwing his name into the mix, word came from the promoter that Zimmerman was interested in fighting rapper DMX. Which sent a whole new level of craziness into the atmosphere because DMX literally came out and said he would “break every rule in boxing” if he got to fight Zimmerman! And that was the MILD end of what he had to say about it!
In an interview with AllHipHop.com, the promoter, Damon Feldman, who has 55 celebrity boxing matches under his belt via his Celebrity Boxing Federation (CBF) now says that,
“He [George Zimmerman] is open to any challengers that make sense, but he is training hard and he said ‘Game is the perfect opponent.’”
The Game said that he would be fighting George Zimmerman for Trayvon Martin’s legacy and to
“Show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon.”
Which sounds a lot less threatening than what DMX had to say (No really…you should go read that story next!) about what he would do to Zimmerman if he got in the ring. But that is only until you remember that we are talking about THE GAME…who has been known to throw a pretty serious punch! (Which we all know is an understatement but apparently George Zimmerman doesn’t understand how to use GOOGLE to find this out on his own…so we’ll just keep that among ourselves!)
Feldman told AllHipHop.com that Zimmerman has definitely signed his contract, but so far despite the bravado and boasting from both Game and DMX, neither has officially signed any document binding them to the boxing match.
“Zimmerman is signed now If anyone still wants the shot at it, you can email email@example.com.”
We still wonder if the phones of Money Mayweather or Tyson have been ringing….hell even Laila Ali would be good as far as we’re concerned!
But it seems as though The Game might just be the guy! Stay Tuned!
Folks Jailed While Zimmerman Walks Free
1. Lauryn Hill is currently serving jail time for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)Source: 1 of 9
2. Michael Vick served time for dog fighting. (Photo: PRPhotos)Source: 2 of 9
3. In 2007, Lil Wayne was jailed for smoking marijuana and for possession of a pistol outside his tour bus. (Photo: AP)Source: 3 of 9
4. Rapper Ja Rule was jailed for possession of a weapon and tax evasion. (Photo: AP)Source: 4 of 9
5. Wesley Snipes was jailed for failing to file federal income tax returns.Source: 5 of 9
6. Singer Ron Isley was jailed for tax evasion. (Photo: AP)Source: 6 of 9
7. Lil Kim served time for three counts of perjury and one count of conspiracy related to a shooting outside a Manhattan studio. No one was injured.Source: 7 of 9
8. Martin Luther King, Jr. was jailed several times for peacefully protesting during the Civil Rights Movement. (Photo: AP)Source: 8 of 9
9. Domestic abuse victim Marissa Alexander was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2012 for firing two warning shots into a wall. (Photo: Hellobeautiful)Source: 9 of 9
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
George Zimmerman: Thinks The Game Would Be The “Perfect Opponent” To Box was originally published on theurbandaily.com