If losing a few pounds is on your list of resolutions, you have lots of company. In fact, weight loss tops the list of common New Year’s goals year after year. But shedding some pounds doesn’t have to be painful. Here are some surprisingly effective—and often enjoyable—ways to jump start weight loss, backed by solid science.
1. Eat Dessert (yes Dessert) for Breakfast! It helps reduce your cravings for the day
2. Clench your fists– Tightening your muscles actually firms your resolve and can help you avoid food temptations
3. Pay in Cash-Paying with credit weakens your impulse control, and makes you more likely to buy junk foods.
4. Snack on Almonds– Grabbing some almonds twenty minutes before a meal can actually help slim your waistline
5. Have a glass of Wine-Obese patients who consumed moderate amounts of white wine actually fared better in weight loss than those who had a similar amount of grape juice. But remember only 1 glass per day for women, 2 for men.
6. Leave serving dishes on the stove– Keeping serving dishes on the kitchen stove instead of hauling them to the dining room reduces the amount of calories you scarf down by as much as 20 to 29 percent
7. Eat Vegetable soup for lunch – will reduce the amount of food you need to feel full, at a fraction of the calories.
8. Add some spice– Capsaicin, the ingredient that gives chili peppers their zing, does more than just add flavor to your meals
9. Surround yourself with Blue– Surprisingly enough, you just might consume less food in a room painted blue than in one painted red or yellow
10. Reach for fruit Popsicle– give your hunger pains a chill with nice cool fruit Popsicle.
For more log on to YahooHealth.com and Happy New Years in loosing Weight!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER; 1011WIZF
FOLLOW ME, Kristen K, FACEBOOK/TWITTER; radioonekristen