Idris elaborated on the issue, saying that Black actors are typically casted much differently than actors of other races, HuffingtonPost.com reports:
“Black men, we’re never called sexy. We’re called athletic, intense, we’re described as being the strong type, the silent type. But we’re never really described as being sexy… in general the word sexy doesn’t apply to black men, particularly … The word has been thrown at me a few times so if I have to say I own it, fine,” Elba said.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave us a comment. Do you agree or disagree with Idris’ philosophy?
- NEW JERSEY RAPPER FOUND SHOT TO DEATH
- FORMER BET EXEC PLANS FIRST EVER HBCU TELEVISION NETWORK
- THE DAY KANYE WEST UPGRADED HIS MERCEDES-BENZ ML430 [VIDEO]
- T.I.’S FINAL MESSAGE FROM PRISON
- UNRELEASED AMBER ROSE PHOTO SHOOT [VIDEO]