Actress Tisha Campbell-Martin, best known for her role on the hit comedy sitcom “Martin” is battling a life-threatening health crisis after being diagnosed with Stage 2 sarcoidosis earlier this year.
ESSENCE.com caught up with Campbell-Martin to talk family, yogurt and healthy living and Tisha revealed her illness:
ESSENCE.com: It’s safe to say that you’re focused on staying healthy, yes?
CAMPBELL: [Being in good] health is really important to me. Right now, I’m [battling] a genetic lung disorder called sarcoidosis, which can go into remission. I’m in Stage II and I’m trying to reverse it. I’ve only got one body and I really want to take care of it by working out and eating right.
Sarcoidosis is the same lung disease that killed comedian Bernie Mac in 2008.
We wish Tisha and her family the best.
- First Pic of Tisha Campbell’s Baby
- Tisha Campbell & Golden Brooks Share Baby Bellies
- Actress Debbi Morgan Battling Lyme Disease
- Actress Stacey Dash Discusses “Feeling Beautiful at 45”
- Actress Meagan Good Wishes to Play Whitney Houston in Biopic
- Actress Cherie Johnson Engaged
- Eva Longoria Caught Kissing New Boyfriend
What has been your favorite Tisha Campbell moment on TV? What was your favorite episode of “Martin” or “My Wife & Kids” featuring the actress?
Join the ongoing discussions on our message board below as well as our WizNation Facebook Fan Page (click link or image). Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter – @1011WIZF.