Via Global Grind
Police in Slaughter, Louisiana are reporting that an 8-year-old shot and killed his elderly caregiver after playing the violent video game, Grand Theft Auto.
The child shot Marie Smothers in the head with her own gun as she was watching television. She was almost 90-years-old.
“Although a motive for the shooting is unknown at this time, investigators have learned that the juvenile suspect was playing a video game on the Play Station III “Grand Theft Auto IV”, a realistic game that has been associated with encouraging violence and awards points to players for killing people, just minutes before the homicide occurred,” said a statement issued by the Sheriff’s Office.
The boy, whose identity will not be revealed due to his age, was released to his parents and will not be charged with a crime, despite evidence that the shooting was intentional. The child initially told investigators that the shooting was an accident.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Former Titans LB Keith Bulluck Charged With Felony Robbery Of Cab Driver
- Rocawear Sued for Stealing T-Shirt Designs
- Juicy J: “Miley Cyrus Best Twerker Hands Down!” WHAT?!?!
- Terrible Tuesday: Diddy, JayZ, J.Cole Scrap at VMA After party???
- Eminem Throws Shade At Khloe & Lamar On New Single, ‘Berzerk’ [NEW MUSIC]
- Awkword Releases “Throw Away The Key”
- Fat Joe Goes To Miami…..Prison That Is!!!