TLC, the best-selling female group in music history, are returning to the spotlight with a mix of new events, including an album, VH1 biopic and a reunion performance at the Mixtape Festival in Hershey Park, PA on July 27th.
In a case of sinergy gone right, the group has invited rapper Lil Mama, who plays the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes in the biopic, “CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story” to join them on stage to perform at their reunion show. While she is not replacing Left Eye as a member in the group, the women are excited to bring her into the fold.
“Watching Lil Mama on the set of our movie reminded us of Lisa’s spirit,” says Chilli. “And for the first time since her passing, we felt everything come together in an organic way.” Adds T-Boz: “Lil Mama’s authentic style, although different from Lisa’s, got our creative juices flowing. By bringing her in, we will continue to keep TLC’s music alive for a new generation of fans.”
Watch the video to see TLC announce their performance with Lil Mama and hear the “Lip Gloss” rapper explain how thankful she is to be included in this special event.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Timbaland Tweets Apology To Chris Brown For Revolt TV Comments
- A Hot Ghetto Mess Interrupts A Funeral On “The Rickey Smiley Show” [VIDEO]
- Russell Simmons Steve Rifkind Team With YouTube On New Label
- THROWBACK THURSDAY MIX RECAP 7/25/2013
- FLASHBACK MIX RECAP 7/25/2013
- French Montana Laughs Off Ying Yang Twins’ Diss Record