|Motown The Musical is a Hit! Motown: The Musical grossed over $1 million after its first week of just 7 preview performances on Broadway. The production doesn’t actually open officially until April 14th. Motown Records founder Berry Gordy Jr. is producing this musical based on his life “to set the record straight on the inception of the iconic label.” The musical features music hits from the likes of Diana Ross and the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson, among others. It’s produced by Kevin McCollum (producer of such shows as Rent, Avenue Q and In the Heights), Sony Music Entertainment chairman and CEO Doug Morris, and of course Gordy himself, with Charles Randolph-Wright directing. Patricia Wilcox and Warren Adams are co-choreographing the show. An 18-piece orchestra is reproducing “the classic ‘Sound of Young America’ for the Broadway stage,” according to producers. For more information, click: http://www.motownthemusical.com/.|
- Win A Chance To Have The WIZ Crash Your Cookout! #WIZCOOKOUTCRASH
- Wiz Selfie Squad Contest
- BET Awards Red Carpet Photos [GALLERY]
- LeBron James Has Opted Out Of His Contract With The Cavaliers
- Buy Your Tickets To Nati Summer Bash Today!
- The WIZ Music Day Survival Kit
- Rihanna Goes Mafioso In New ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’ Music Video