|Motown The Musical is a Hit! Motown: The Musical grossed over $1 million after its first week of just 7 preview performances on Broadway. The production doesn’t actually open officially until April 14th. Motown Records founder Berry Gordy Jr. is producing this musical based on his life “to set the record straight on the inception of the iconic label.” The musical features music hits from the likes of Diana Ross and the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson, among others. It’s produced by Kevin McCollum (producer of such shows as Rent, Avenue Q and In the Heights), Sony Music Entertainment chairman and CEO Doug Morris, and of course Gordy himself, with Charles Randolph-Wright directing. Patricia Wilcox and Warren Adams are co-choreographing the show. An 18-piece orchestra is reproducing “the classic ‘Sound of Young America’ for the Broadway stage,” according to producers. For more information, click: http://www.motownthemusical.com/.|
- The CAVS Suite Experience Giveaway
- Offset From Migos Superman Punches Fan While Performing (Video)
- Riot Breaks Out At New Hampshire Pumpkin Festival & It Would Have Ended Differently In Any Urban Area
- Nicki Minaj iCloud Hacked?! The Most Shocking Leaked Photos Yet
- New Music: Drake 'How About Now'
- Heroic: Man Runs Into Burning House To Save A Neighbors Father [Video]