*We’re not quite sure what a Global Creative Director is, but by golly Alicia Keys, like her husband, Swizz Beatz, is one.
In any event, it’s a position she now has at Blackberry, formerly known as Research in Motion (RIM). Of course, Blackeberry is the maker of the Blackberry.
The bottom line is Keys is charged with helping the company compete with the Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S smartphone devices by working with the app developers and carries to transition Blackberry from a “business phone to a cool device.”
Her role is a departure from artist only working with consumer brands to promote products in advertising campaigns; Keys will be an active staff member of Blackberry.
This is not the first time she’s been involved in marketing a consumer product. Last year she collaborated with Reebok to design the Reebok Classic Freestyle Hi AK and the Reebok Classic Nylon Slim AK with designs that featured piano keys or colorful patterns reminiscent of 80s b-boy attire.
Also, this weekend, she will perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl. And we doubt very seriously if she’ll lip-sync.
Like The Wiz on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Timberland signs to Jigga Man (JayZ)
- And The Drama Begins: Future Has To Pay Child Support After Proven Paternity Test
- Better Hide Your Twitter:Weed Smoking Half Nude Dressing Math Teacher Gets Fired From Her Job Because Of Twitter [ Video]
- Need A Good Laugh?? Check Out This Bee Prank!!! Lol
- Blackberry Putting In It’s Bid For New Iphone!!!!
- 14 First-Date Dos & Don’ts
- Celebrity Chef Bobby Flay To Open Bobby’s Burger Palace At Horseshoe Casino [Cincinnati]