As parents we all need a little guidance! Here is 8 things you should never say to your Kid/kids!
1. Tell a Big Ole Lie– Your child won’t get out the car to go to daycare so you tell her/him the building next door is a daycare center run by Caveman and if she/he doesn’t get out you will send her/him there! Solution its ok to tell “white Lies” but learn to be straight up.
2. Back Down-Its not fun being the “bad person” but if your child acts out it should be a consequence. Start with a warning first then if no change go to taking toy away/time out/ect.. but don’t let them get away with things. Big no no in parenting world because they will think its ok and do it again.
3. Using one parent against the other- mom says no but dad will say yes! Discuss in private the rules or if you are unsure discuss with your spouse so the children aren’t playing dad against mom or vic versa.
4. Bride your child too often-“If you eat all your food you will get ice cream.” kids will take things like that for granted. Its ok to do sometime but not all the time. Kids need to know the importance of eating all their food.
5. Break your own rules!– now what parent doesn’t do this…Rules are rules but remember parents YOU don’t break your rules either in front of your child. We are leaders!
6. Lose It-Time outs aren’t just for kids but for adults too. If you feel that you are about to lose it, give yourself a break, walk to another room! take a time out! you must watch what you say, how you say it and what you do around children!
7. Wait too Long- Don’t wait too long to talk to your child about their actions. Example. If your child takes a toy away from another child you take the toy away don’t say you won’t be going to recess tomorrow.
8. Talk on and on and on-Kids are not mini adults. Get to the point.
For more tips log on to parenting.com, remember our children are precious treat them as such but don’t let them get over on you at the same time!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: 1011WIZF
FOLLOW ME, Kristen K on Facebook/Twitter: radioonekristen
School For Creative And Performing Arts Band Shines!!! [Photos]
1. Gifted SCPA Musician1 of 15
2. Talented SCPA Students2 of 15
3. SCPA3 of 15
4. Gifted SCPA Percussionist4 of 15
5. And the band plays on...5 of 15
6. Proud "Band" Members6 of 15
7. Kiss for the "Chris" Conga Player from Jade West7 of 15
8. Talented SCPA Musician8 of 15
9. We want more music!!!9 of 15
10. Friends having fun!!!10 of 15
11. Gifted SCPA student11 of 15
12. Family/Friends/Students of SCPA12 of 15
13. Andwele Hasan "French Horn"13 of 15
14. Family = Support System14 of 15
15. SCPA Concert Band15 of 15