Have you wondered what kind of plan our public schools have here in Cincinnati? Well you can stop worrying because we have one in place. Cincinnati Public School (CPS) officials unveiled new emergency response plans today. The plans deal with anything from natural disasters to terrorist attacks.
CPS school services director, Bill Moehring, said those plans include the installation of several cameras. “We probably have over 1,200 cameras or maybe 2,000 cameras in the district.”
The security measures include:
- An employee card access system
- Secure school entry ways
- School camera systems
- A lobby guard, which is an automated system for checking in visitors, to be installed in each school office
- A lockbox at each school for emergency responder access
- Safety go-kits for each classroom in every school
- More than 600 new walkie-talkies.