Its getting cold out and this is a time to have a man around don’t you agree?!?! Some of us are great at the chase, but not so good at the kill. In other words, we know how to get the guy, but when it comes to keeping him, it’s a different story. How do you keep a man interested and show him that you’re worth keeping around? Being yourself is always a good place to start, but there are other things that you can do to keep a man by your side, help him to really appreciate you, and take that step to commit.
1. Learn to speak his love language- You can make him dinner every night, but if his love language is “words of affirmation,” you’ll be spinning your wheels. Once you’ve determined his love language, you can tailor your affections to his needs, and you’ll even reap the benefits.
2. Give him space- You can help to keep a man interested by simply giving him space. He needs alone time, or at least time to pursue hobbies and interests that you might not share. Plus remember absence makes the heart grow founder.
3. Don’t be his mother (but get along with her)! Need I explain more???
4. Learn to like or at least tolerate things he likes- People are different, and that’s what makes us so unique. It’s also what enables us to have meaningful and special relationships with others.
5. Don’t push the “M” word- We all know that the “M” word is enough to scare any guy away, especially if he’s not ready for it. If you’ve been dating for two years and the subject has never come up, then you might want to gently broach the subject. On the other hand, if you’ve only been dating for six months, you may need to be more patient.
The most important thing to remember in a relationship is that your work doesn’t stop once he’s yours. In fact, even the best marriages are based on hard work, and if you want to keep a man, there’s no better time to start than now. Put these five principles into practice and he’ll be yours for good!
For more log on to Lifescript.com/relationships