George Zimmerman’s bond hearing happened this morning on CNN and during it, we heard from his mother, father, wife and Zimmerman himself took the stand to apologize to Trayvon’s parents and paint himself as an innocent, stand up citizen. However, after a while, the bond hearing started to feel like a really bad Saturday Night Live skit. The entire hearing for George Zimmerman was riddled several “WTF” moments. Check out the top five of them below.
1. Several of Zimmerman’s family members including his wife, mother and father testified on his behalf via phone. I haven’t seen too many bond hearings personally, but is it protocol for interviewing for a bond hearing?
2. Zimmerman wanted to take some time to apologize to Trayvon Martin’s parents. He used choice words: “I wanted to say that I am sorry for the loss of your son.” That’s not a sincere apology. How about apologizing for being the person responsible for killing Trayvon?
3. Zimmerman tried to justify his fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin–not by the self-defense excuse this time, but he said, “I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am. And I did not know whether he was armed or not.” So all this sums up to him deserving to be shot to death?
4. Zimmerman’s attorney asked the judge to let him out of jail while he awaits trial. His attorney also asked the judge to allow Zimmerman to leave the state (while wearing a GPS bracelet). Last time I checked, when you’re under investigation, you have to stay put…in jail. Who asks the judge if they’re murdering client can just walk?
5. When asked if she’s ever seen Zimmerman angry, his wife Shellie, said that she’s never seen him angry before. How could she lie like that? People get angry. No one can claim to have never gotten angry before.